Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Creative Writing in the Exam Hall !!

Who is excited about creative writing?!
Well, don't be afraid, I am gonna introduce you to a very different kind of 'creative writing' that I recently found on the web. This kind of writing is called 'Newspaper Blackout Poems'.Have a look at some of those on the following site

................................................. NewspaperBlackout Poems by Austin Kleon .........................................

If you haven't understood from it, It's like writing a poem but......

Instead of starting with a blank page, as a Blackout Poet, You grab a Newspaper and a permanent marker and eliminate the words you don’t need. There! You have it now(umm. may be not)

Here's one such piece I have written myself. Take a look

(Hover the mouse on the image to zoom in, off the image to zoom out, IE doesn't support this Try Chrome or Firefox)

Yup, its not a newspaper. Its my major exam question paper. You can call it 'Question Paper Blackout Poem'.Funny eh?! I have made that in the Major exam.Apparently my creative quotient peaks in the Exam Hall.I thought its very easy to create writings like that when I read it in the website, but believe me it is not so easy. Try with any printed paper yourself.

You must argue how can I black individual letters out of the whole words, but how the heck am I going to get a 'FUCK' in an exam paper.

Happy Blacking out :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment